PAUL SHOWS US WE DO NOT HAVE TO BE UNDER OUR CIRCUMSTANCES IF WE KNOW HOW TO FLIP THEM.
Succulents have the ability to resist drought due to the thick fleshly leaves or stems which have the ability to store water. They thrive in normally adverse circumstances. They flip their circumstances.
Christians often find themselves in adverse circumstances due to their faith in Christ.
Paul shows us how to survive and thrive by flipping our circumstances in Sunday’s passage, Philippians 1:12-26.
They key to thriving, (staying on top of your circumstances) is found in our teaching this week.
Our passage divides into three main sections:
1. His Chains, 12-14
2. His Critics, 15-18a
3. His Crisis, 18b-26
The last section, 18b-26 also divides into three sections
1. His Confidence, 18b-21
2. His Conundrum, 22-24
3. His Conviction, 25-26
We shall deal with several key areas in this passage.
1. How you view your “circumstances” will determine how you deal with them. Are you a helpless puppet? Or, are you part of the eternal plan of God?
2. God wants you as His partner in the Gospel. Are you with Him, or working side hustles?
3. Do you know the two things God wants to use you for in the trails of life?
4. Prayer actuates the Holy Spirit.
5. We either live lives of honor or shame.
6. The Vulcan mantra was live long and prosper. How does this affirm atheism and not Christianity?
These are just a few of the issues confronting us in Sunday’s passage.
I hope you will join me this week, as we unpack and apply these great verses from the heart of the Apostle.
See you Sunday!